Work smarter

by admin, January 17, 2017

So, you’re loving the entrepreneur life? Being your own boss, controlling your life. Good stuff I imagine… Life getting a bit stressful? Hate to break it to you but it was all in the job description.

Sometimes work gets stressful, and nothing is quite going your way, and every day feels like you have more and more tasks on top of the ones you didn’t have yesterday?

Well you aren’t losing the battle.

Even though you might feel like you aren’t working hard enough (I guarantee you most probably are), you just need to start being smarter.

Aim to be lazy.

It takes a load off your shoulders. As the great Bill Gates once said;

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

Small business owners spend an average of 15 hours per week on admin tasks. Fifteen hours. That’s two nights sleep spent managing staff, resources and bookings.

Learn to outsource.

Outsource or automate your admin, communications and bookings to a sophisticated booking software (sounds like I’m trying to sell you something hey) or even something like MailChimp, Buffer or Zapier.

With a good booking software you can work remotely, even from your bed whilst drinking tea and dropping toast crumbs down into your belly button, you can literally run you business from your bed! Lazy? Nope, it’s smart. Make and edit your appointments, keep track of the dough, view reports, manage customers & staff, market around and so much more in 20% of the time using a smart software that basically does it all for you.

Don’t get me wrong you still have to work, but they say 20% of the work you do will get you 80% of your results. So why not make sure you are doing that golden 20% and the other 80% (minor and repetitive tasks such as reports) are just handled for you?

Make sure you are running your business, not the other way around.


Catch my drift? Thought so.